Welcome to UK-Investor.com! These Terms and Conditions are an agreement between you and UK-Investor.com.
By using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by all of these terms and conditions. We may change these terms at any time, but we will post a notice on this website of any material changes. Your continued use of UK-Investor.com means that you accept any new or modified terms.
Here at UK-Investor.com we encourage active and open debate among our users. All that we ask is that it’s done in a lawful and civil manner. Accordingly, you agree to use UK-Investor.com for lawful and non-professional purposes only.
You may not use, or allow others to use UK-Investor.com to:
- Post or transmit statements that are false or misleading, or use such statements to manipulate the market for any security, or engage in any type of market abuse;
- Offer, sell, or buy any security;
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, including those of the Financial Conduct Authority and the national or other securities exchanges;
- Post or transmit any content that is disruptive, uncivil, abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, unlawful, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory, or which discloses confidential or private or personal matters concerning any person;
- Post or transmit any material that could prejudice any active legal proceedings (including criminal proceedings) of which you are aware or which breaches any court order of which you are aware;
- Post or transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary obligations (as in non-disclosure agreements) or which infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person;
- Post or transmit any sexually explicit material;
- Post or transmit material which does or is likely to cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress or to encourage violence;
- Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Re-post material that you are aware has been removed;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or status;
- Encourage or teach conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful;
- Collect or store personal data about other users or act in breach of data protection legislation (such as the Data Protection Act 1998);
- Post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, “Trojan Horses,” or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else’s computer or our systems;
- Forge, mask or manipulate any headers, identifiers, domain names or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through or on our sites or to manipulate your presence or activities on or via our sites;
- Use any automated means, including without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, copy or harvest data from any part of our sites;
- Try to get around any protections, suspensions or terminations we put in place for the security and operation of our sites;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Take any action that damages or disrupts the functioning of our systems or services.
- Link to any site, page, post or platform which includes material which breaches any of the above rules.
Unauthorized access of our sites is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and a violation of the law. You agree not to access our sites by any means other than the interfaces we provide for use in accessing them.
While we can’t review all transmissions by our users, UK-Investor.com reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through our services.UK-Investor.com, at its sole discretion and without prior notice or any obligation on our part, may at any time review, edit, remove, or otherwise block any post.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all of the content on this site is the property of UK-Investor.com and is protected by UK and international copyright laws. “Content” means any information, mode of expression, or other material and services found on UK-Investor.com. This includes discussion boards, chat, software, our writings, graphics and any and all other features found on the site. Our content is intended for individual, personal use only. Accordingly, you may make one copy of our content for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that any material copied remains intact and includes the following notice:
“Copyright UK-Investor.com. Any other copying, distribution, storing or transmission of any kind, or any sort of commercial use of our content is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission.”
UK-Investor.com does not regulate what our staff say about a company. Their opinions are their own and not that of UK-Investor.com. In fact, their opinions may differ substantially from each other as to how specific securities will perform in comparison to the market.
Some UK-Investor.com employees may have investments in the shares they discuss.
You hold the copyright in the expression that you post on our sites. Please note, however, that when you post content in our internet areas, you expressly grant UK-Investor.com a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, edit, alter, adapt, translate, copy, publish, continue to publish or republish the submission (and/or an edited, adapted or translated version of it or part of it) (‘the Work’) and/or to sell or otherwise communicate or distribute the Work, as part of an edited compilation or in any other way howsoever. The license is capable of sub-license, unlimited in the use to which we may put the Work and exists whether or not you remain a user.
As the license is irrevocable, this means, for example, that we do not have to remove your posts even if you would like us to and even if you are no longer a user.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UK-Investor.com, and its parent, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) as a result of any material you post in our comments sections or any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
Disclaimer of warranties and liability
UK-Investor.com cannot and does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the news, information, or other content found on our site, or its usefulness for any particular purpose.
You understand and acknowledge that information posted or transmitted by other users are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such material originated. UK-Investor.com takes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or even truth of the information posted in our areas.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the website. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the website, or the entire website, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the website, or any features, parts or content of the website.
The website may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
One of the principal tenets here at UK-Investor.com is that the best person to manage your finances is YOU and by your use of our service, you’re agreeing that you bear full responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that UK-Investor.com shall not be liable for any decision made or action taken by you or others in reliance upon news, information, or any material published by UK-Investor.com. UK-Investor.com relies on various sources of information that we believe to be accurate and reliable, and we try very hard to do provide educational, amusing, and useful content. However, UK-Investor.com makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material contained in our areas. All information provided on UK-Investor.com is to be used on an “as is, with all faults” basis.
We make no promises that our content or the service itself will be delivered to you uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. In fact, we’re not making any promises or warranties except that we won’t intentionally lie to you. Other than that, we reserve the right to be wrong and stupid.
Now what does all this mean? It means that you agree that under no circumstances shall UK-Investor.com be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or any other type of loss or injury resulting from your use, or downloading of any content on our site. This includes, but is not limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by contingencies beyond our control in creating or delivering any portion of UK-Investor.com.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits UK-Investor.com for (i) death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence or that of its employees and agents; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded. Subject to the foregoing, UK-Investor.com its employees, agents, parent and affiliates will not be liable for any economic loss including without limitation loss of profits or anticipated savings, or any special, indirect, consequential or exemplary losses you may incur.
Please also see our separate Disclaimer statement, which is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
For complaints regarding any aspects of our business please contact email@example.com. Should there be a dispute that cannot be resolved between you and us then The European Online Dispute Resolution platform provides information about alternative dispute resolution which may be of interest.
Except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, there are no third party beneficiaries to this agreement.
If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding them or the website will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 27/07/2018.